After performing a database or catalog search, you may identify references which you wish to save. You can export individual citations, or select whole groups of citations to export at one time. In most databases, you do this by either checking a box next to each search result that you wish to export, or by adding results to a folder. In some cases, you can export your citations directly to your Citation Management tool. In others, you will need to save the citations as a file.
See the section of this guide that corresponds to each citation manager for more information on importing citation files once downloaded.
1. Once you have performed your search in PubMed, check the boxes next to the citations you wish to export.
2. Click "Send to".
3. Select "Citation manager".
4. Click "Create file" to download the references.
1. Once you have performed your search in Scopus, check the boxes next to the citations you wish to export.
2. Click "Export".
3. Select the types of metadata that you would like to include with your references.
4. Select your method of export and click "Export". You can export citations directly into RefWorks or Mendeley. To export to other citation management tools (including EndNote and Zotero), you will need to create a file, which you will then import into the tool of your choice.
1. Once you have performed your search in CINAHL, click the folder icon next to the citations you wish to export to add them to your folder.
2. You will see the items you've added to your folder in a sidebar on the right-hand side of the screen.
3. To export the selected references, click "Folder View" in the folder sidebar.
4. In Folder View, check the box next to the citations you wish to export, or choose "Select all".
5. Click "Export".
6. Choose your file format, or export directly to EndNote Web or RefWorks.
7. Click "Save" to export.
1. Once you have performed your search in the Library Catalog, check the boxes next to the references you would like to export.
2. Click "Save Marked Records".
3. Click "Export saved".
4. Check the boxes to select the citations you wish to export, or click "Select all".
5. Under "Format of List", choose "End-Note/RefWorks". This file type will also work in Zotero or Mendeley.
6. Under "Send List To", choose "Local Disk".
7. Click "Submit" to save the citation file.
To export citations from the OhioLINK Catalog, follow the steps above for exporting from the Library Catalog.
1. Once you have performed your search in WorldCat, click on a result to open the item record.
2. Click Cite/Export.
3. Under "Export a citation", select "Export to RefWorks" to export directly to RefWorks, or select "Export to EndNote/Reference Manager" to save a file to import into other citation managers.